There is lots to love about price comparisons engines (CSEs). They improve your store’s visibility, attract new clients, and on top of that, improve your sales. But because of so many CSEs available, it’s not easy to understand which of them to tackle first, not to mention learn how to become a specialist inside them all.
To treat that, let us take a look at CPC Stategy’s top ten CSEs (in no particular order) and obtain some insider tips about how to succeed on every.
1. Google Product Listing Ads (Compensated)
Google Shopping is among the greatest and many popular shopping engines around. To make use of it, you will need to use two platforms: Google’s Merchant Center and Pay Per Click. Within the Merchant center, you’ll manage all your products. Inside your AdWords account, you’ll manage your products Listing Ads (PLAs), set a regular budget, and adjust bids.
Once posted, your ads is visible in regular search engine results as well as on Google’s shopping site. Plus, Google Shopping will come in multiple countries like the United kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Italia, The country, Netherlands, South america, Australia, and Europe.
Pros of Google Product Listing Ads:
- There is a 21% greater click-through rate than text ads
- No minimum bids, which makes it well suited for individuals with smaller sized budgets
- Liberated to incorporate a marketing message, for example “Free shipping on purchases over $75 ”
Cons of Google Product Listing Ads:
- Must manage two platforms (Merchant Center and AdWords) to operate your shopping feeds
- Strict guidelines on data quality prior to account suspension
- CPCs rates have elevated by 53% when compared with this past year
Insider tips about Google Product Listing Ads:
- Avoid watermarked images
- Avoid using all uppercase product titles
- Stay away from “free shipping” inside your product descriptions
2. Amazon . com Product Ads (Compensated)
You most likely know that you could sell on Amazon . com via Amazon . com Marketplace. But do you know may also advertise with Amazon . com Product Ads? These product ads are proven to Amazon’s 44 million customers every month in lots of places, such as the Detail Page, Search and study, Tower Ads, and purchase Box. To possess your ads displayed, you need to generate a Seller Central account and also have a daily budget and minimum bids. Amazon . com Product Ads can also be readily available for retailers to make use of within the United kingdom.
Pros of Amazon . com Product Ads:
- Enables items that can’t be indexed by Amazon . com Marketplace
- Provides recommended bids that will help you bid wisely
- Comes with an easy putting in a bid system in which the goods are divided according to product groups, with three different cost ranges in every category
Cons of Amazon . com Product Ads:
- No control of which groups your product or service are posted to
- Stricter content needs than Amazon . com Marketplace
- Instantly decides the kind of ad placement: Any Targeted
- Insider tip on Amazon . com Product Ads
Increase visibility and achieve probably the most relevant customer by utilizing as much as five keywords that best describe each product
3. NexTag (Compensated)
NexTag is popular in order to shoppers find bargains on products, event tickets, property, travel tickets, and coupons. It will get $ 30 million unique visitors each month and it is obtainable in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italia, Japan, and The country.
To list out your ads on NexTag, you’ll need a monthly budget and minimum bid for those groups. Additionally, it has three traffic-driving programs you can engage in: Display Rank, Merchant Emblem, and Marketing Message. And when you are in the industry of typically-restricted products like adult accessories or prescription medications, you are fortunate NexTag’s needs are presently less strict than another engines.
Pros of NexTag
- You are able to collect reviews from customers when the purchase is finished to improve credibility
- Return on investment Optimizer helps easily track sales and conversions around the NexTag website
- You may create complex shipping rules while using advanced interface
Cons of NexTag
- Utilizes a bid ranking program to show products-the greater the bid, the greater the positioning
- Monthly finances are consumed faster. Goods are displayed to qualified traffic within an faster manner rather to be spread across each day or month
- Marketing marketing message costs between $.05 to $.10 in line with the category
Insider tip on NexTag
- Set Max CPC bids in your top selling products to conquer your competitors and obtain the greatest rank possible
4. Shopping.com (Compensated)
Shopping.com belongs to the eBay commerce network and it has 8 million online purchasers each month. You are able to promote your products using targeted ad placements on Shopping.com and it is partner websites for example TheFind and Bing. Whenever you do, customers might find product details for example title, cost, image, and shipping details together with product ratings and reviews.
Shopping.com creates a regular monthly budget (the least $100 to obtain began) while offering free optimization tools just like an Return on investment Tracker and Survey Tool. When it comes to your worldwide achieve, you are able to advertise within the Uk, France, Germany, and Australia.
Pros of Shopping.com
- You can observe your competitors’ top bids
- It really works on the value-based prices model-bids are adjusted in line with the quality of traffic
- Free Return on investment tracker presented to measure performance and conversions
Cons of Shopping.com
- Automatic repayment plan requires linking to PayPal account no charge cards permitted
- No product level putting in a bid
- No marketing marketing messages permitted
Insider tip on Shopping.com
- Join Pay Per Click to obtain indexed by the Shopping.com “Sponsored listings” section
5. Shopzilla (Compensated)
Shopzilla, noted for helping shoppers find unique retailers and purchasers, has over 100 million products listed and 20 million unique monthly visitors. Should you advertise on Shopzilla, make sure to possess a monthly budget and minimum CPCs for a number of groups, and remember that it rates companies to assist consumers make their purchasing decisions.
Standing on Shopzilla does mean you receive featured in Bizrate and Beso.com, and may advertise products within the United kingdom, France, and Germany.
Pros of Shopzilla
- You are able to bid at three levels: Category, Sub-category, and Product level
- It utilizes a smart prices model where CPC is adjusted in line with the traffic quality
- You are billed $.01 greater than the following greatest bid inside a given subcategory
Cons of Shopzilla
- Goods are categorized as “Catalog” and “Non-catalog” according to manufacturer SKU availability
- The absolute minimum bid of $4 is needed for those products
- Product ads are proven rapidly and removed when the monthly spending cap continues to be arrived at
Insider tip on Shopzilla
- Send images which are a minimum of 200×200 pixels and under 1000×1000 pixels
6. Pricegrabber (Compensated)
Pricegrabber compares product prices while offering weekly specials, coupons, and top searches, which makes it simple to improve your business’ visibility. It’s 26 million active users, may be used by Canadian and United kingdom-based companies and, as an additional benefit, has partnered with Yahoo! Shopping to exhibit its listings.
To obtain began on Pricegrabber, you ought to have a regular monthly budget and minimum CPCs for the products. And fun fact: Pricegrabber enables you to definitely particularly target Spanish-speaking customers.
Pros of Pricegrabber
No minimum bids
- Offers three putting in a bid source options: bid via feed import, putting in a bid tool, and CPC rate card value
- Has a number of media choices to garner more attention: Banner Placements, Featured Merchant, Featured Products, and Category Showcase
Cons of Pricegrabber
- Ad Spend/Finances are consumed more quickly since ads are proven within an faster manner to qualified traffic
- No daily budget to manage just how much spent per day
- Need to pay no less than $.10 to show your emblem in your ad, additionally low ad spend of $700
Insider tip on Pricegrabber
- Submit exactly the same feed file because the one produced for Google PLA
7. Become (Compensated)
Become provides shoppers having the ability to make a price comparison easily, read product critiques and articles, take part in forums, and get the best cost deals online. Founded in 2004, they’ve 300 partners and 30,000 registered retailers. To market on Become, you’ll need a monthly budget and minimum CPC bids. Become will come in the United kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, Italia, and Japan.
Pros of Become
- Free Return on investment Trackers help you look at profits
- You are able to bid at category, sub-category, or product level
- Keywords may be used to help gain in exposure
Cons of Become
- Minimum bid is needed for those groups in line with the rate card
- Marketing Text isn’t free it is a minimum of $.05
- You’re qualified for emblem placements only when you bid greater than $.05 greater than category minimum bids
Insider tip on Become
You are able to improve your credibility by signing up for Reliable Merchant program. Simply fulfill these 3 needs: possess a valid SSL, valid contact details, and accept two major charge cards
8. Pronto (Compensated)
Pronto has one primary site and 4 niche websites for various verticals for example style, technology, home, and youngsters. The engine has 14 million unique users which are mainly searching for low-priced bargains.
When it comes to advertising on Pronto, products go live whenever you add funds for your requirements. You manage these products bids via a monthly budget, and all sorts of product groups are needed to possess a minimum CPC bid.
Pros of Pronto
- Increase brand trust with permanent emblem placement
- Offers Featured Placement and Backed Listings for products to achieve more visibility
- You should use the Coupons & Offers functionality to draw in more customers
Cons of Pronto
- Goods are instantly put into different groups by Pronto
- Bids can not be controlled in the product level within the Merchant Center
- No daily budget
Insider tip on Pronto
- Submit product level bids within the feed file, and it’ll override the course level bids
9. TheFind (Free)
TheFind is really a free price comparisons engine that needs no advertising spend. It’s mainly a discovery shopping engine which has over 500 million products and 25 million visitors. Additionally to submitting your product or service free of charge, you may also submit your product or service to TheFind by creating a free account. Plus, they’ve an Upfront Merchant program which will help you will get more visibility and highlight your product or service within their results.
Pros of TheFind
- This engine is free of charge, hence no putting in a bid or budget
- Accepts exactly the same feed file because the one recognized by Google Merchant Center
- Liberated to upgrade to become an Upfront Merchant
Cons of TheFind
- TheFind needs to crawl your site before displaying products on its site
- Return on investment tracking isn’t provided
- Reporting functionality isn’t available
Insider tip on TheFind
- Send bigger images to achieve better placement
10. Bing Shopping (Free)
Bing Shopping is presently free for retailers and it has 159 unique searchers within the Yahoo-Bing network. It’s partnered with Shopping.com to show their results, however if you simply do not have a Shopping.com account and wish to use Bing Shopping, you are able to join Bing Ads to handle your merchant center. Bing Shopping can also be noted for displaying product data results and reviews which are shopper-friendly.
Pros of Bing Shopping
- The engine is presently free, so no putting in a bid is needed
- If you are submitting to Shopping.com, your answers are also displayed and highlighted in Bing Search & Shopping pages
- Wealthy Caption enables products to become displayed in search results
Cons of Bing Shopping
- With christmas approaching, Bing might stop accepting new retailers as observed in 2012
- Return on investment tracking not given
- Categorization within the feed file has minimal affect on how Bing categorizes these products
Insider tip on Bing Shopping
- Yahoo is most likely presenting Compensated Product Ads within the approaching several weeks
Although all 10 of those CSEs are ideal for business, you will want to pick those that best meet your requirements and budget. Before you begin, make sure to research which products you’re permitted to market on every engine and it is specific feed specs needs.