TDS Cost is liable to be made by any assesse who has deducted TDS on the time of incurring any expenditure. The Due Date for TDS Cost is separate for Govt. and Non-Govt. assessee’s as talked about under
Due Date for TDS Cost in case of Govt. Assessee
|S. No.||Particulars||Due Date|
|1.||Tax Deposited with out Challan||Identical Day|
|2.||Tax Deposited with Challan||7th of subsequent month|
|3.||Tax on perquisites opted to be deposited by the employer||7th of subsequent month|
Due Date for TDS Cost in case of Non-Govt Assessee
|S. No.||Particulars||Due Date|
|1.||Tax Deductible in March||30th April of subsequent yr|
|2.||Different Months and Tax opted to be deposited by the employer||7th of subsequent month|
The Assessing Officer could with the prior approval of the Joint Commissioner allow quarterly fee of TDS as specified within the desk under:-
|S. No.||Quarter ends on||Due Date|
|1.||30th June||7th July|
|2.||30th September||7th October|
|3.||31st December||7th January|
|4.||31st March||30th April|
It’s obligatory for all company assesses and all different assessees answerable for Tax Audit beneath part 44AB of the Revenue Tax Act to deposit the TDS On-line. Assessees who don’t fall within the above 2 classes are on the possibility of both making on-line fee or by depositing the identical with the prescribed banks.
Process for TDS Cost On-line
The next process is to be adopted for making Cost of Tax Deducted at Supply. It shall be famous that TDS Funds can’t be made with out a legitimate TAN No. In case, you continue to dont have a TAN No., refer article on Tips on how to apply for TAN No.
- Go to https://onlineservices.tin.nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp
- Choose Challan No. – ITNS 281 for TDS Cost. A Copy of the Challan has been proven herewith on your Prepared Reference
- Enter your TAN No. based mostly on which there could be an internet examine on the validity of the TAN entered for TDS Cost
- If the TAN entered by the taxpayer is discovered to be legitimate, the taxpayer could be allowed to replenish different challan particulars just like the accounting head beneath which the fee is to be made, identify and deal with of TAN and many others.
- On submission of the information, a affirmation display screen could be displayed. If the taxpayer confirms the information entered within the challan, the web page could be routed to the net-banking web page of the financial institution as talked about by you within the challan by means of which the fee is to be made.
- The Taxpayer would now be required to login to the net-banking web page of the financial institution with the user-id and the password as allotted by the banker and make the TDS Cost
- On profitable TDS Cost, a challan counterfoil could be displayed containing the Challan Identification Quantity (CIN), fee particulars and the financial institution identify by means of which e-payment has been made. The counterfoil is proof of the fee being made. It’s also possible to confirm the standing of the challan within the “Challan Standing Inquiry” on the NSDL-TIN web site after per week of constructing the fee utilizing the CIN so generated
After depositing the TDS with the Revenue Tax Division, the Deductor shall subject a TDS Certificates in Type 16/ Type 16A on an annual/quarterly foundation as could also be relevant
If any drawback encountered on the NSDL web site whereas coming into non-financial information then contact the TIN Name Middle at 020 – 27218080 electronic mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org. If any drawback encountered whereas coming into the monetary particulars on the net-banking webpage of your financial institution, then you need to contact your banker for help.
Curiosity on Late Cost of TDS
In case the assesse deposits the TDS Cost after the due date of fee of the Tax deducted at supply, he shall be liable to pay curiosity @1.5% for each month or each a part of the month throughout which the quantity shouldn’t be deposited with the Govt. Earlier, the Curiosity liable to be paid was 1% however this has been elevated to 1.5% pm with a view to discourage the apply of delaying the deposit of tax after deduction.
Curiosity @ 1.5% is liable to be paid from the date on which the TDS was deducted and never from the date the TDS was due. This may be defined with the assistance of an instance.
For instance: TDS was deducted on twenty fifth June and the due date for TDS Cost was seventh July. The assessee fails to deposit the TDS by seventh July. In such a case, the Curiosity could be calculated from twenty fifth June and never from seventh June.