To scale back the burden of compliance of small taxpayers, the government offers for a scheme of Presumptive Taxation which could be very simple to grasp and adjust to. Underneath the scheme of Presumptive Taxation, the small taxpayers should not required to keep up any books of accounts and their earnings are presumed to be a sure proportion of the Whole Gross sales.
It is a pretty previous and helpful scheme and varied enhancements have been introduced in by the Govt at common intervals in order to make sure that it stays useful and straightforward to grasp for the taxpayers. As per the present scheme of Presumptive Taxation, the earnings of a enterprise are assumed as follows:
|Particulars||Part relevant||Presumed Income (as a %age of Turnover)|
To encourage companies to obtain funds digitally, the government has additionally supplied an incentive to Companies who obtain funds digitally. Income on fee acquired digitally by companies can be thought of at 6% of the full quantity acquired digitally. This incentive is relevant from Monetary Yr 2016-17 onwards.
For funds acquired in money, the earnings would proceed to be thought of at 8%. The above incentive is just supplied to companies underneath Part 44AD and never for Professionals or Transporters.
After computing the Income, the enterprise can be required to pay Tax on such Income as per the Earnings Tax Slab charges relevant.
- Really helpful Learn: Earnings Tax Slab Charges
In case a taxpayer feels that his earnings are decrease than the earnings computed underneath the above talked about scheme of Presumptive Taxation or does no want to go for the above scheme of presumptive taxation, he can go for the prevailing scheme of taxation i.e. Income = Gross sales – Bills.
The next article explains intimately the provisions of presumptive taxation for Companies underneath Part 44AD and for Professionals underneath Part 44ADA. For provisions of presumptive taxation for Transporters underneath Part 44AE, it’s possible you’ll refer this text – Part 44AE: Tax @ Rs. 7500 per automobile for Transporters
Part 44AD: Earnings presumed to be 8% of turnover
Underneath Part 44AD, earnings can be presumed to be 8% of the full turnover of the assessee, provided that the full turnover of the assessee is lower than Rs. 2 Crore. In case the full turnover, of the assessee is greater than Rs. 2 Crore, earnings can be computed as per the traditional provisions of the Earnings Tax Act (i.e. Income –Expense-Depreciation) and the assessee would even be required to get his accounts audited underneath part 44AB..
Furthermore, if an assessee is making use of part 44AD, he gained’t be allowed to assert any expense or depreciation. Any deduction allowed underneath provisions of Part 30 to 38 shall, for the aim of earnings computed underneath this part be deemed to have been already given full impact and no additional deduction shall be allowed underneath these sections.
Amendments launched in Part 44AD vide Finance Act 2016
A number of different amendments have additionally been launched in Part 44AD in Finance Act 2016 and these can be relevant from Monetary Yr 2016-17 onwards:-
- The Wage/ Remuneration/ Curiosity paid to Companions would additionally not be allowed to be claimed as a deduction.
- Companies claiming advantage of Part 44AD would even be required to adjust to the provisions of Advance Tax. Nonetheless, to maintain the compliance at minimal in such circumstances – the enterprise can be required to pay 100% of the tax relevant by fifteenth March of the Monetary Yr. No different provisions of Advance Tax would apply on this case.
Amendments launched in Part 44AD vide Finance Act 2017
To encourage enterprise to obtain funds digitally, the government has additionally determined to offer a number of incentives to companies who obtain the funds digitally. One such incentive is that if a enterprise receives funds digitally, he can declare his Earnings to be 6% of the full funds acquired digitally i.e. by means of Cheque/ Demand Draft/ Debit Playing cards/ Credit score Playing cards/ NEFT/ RTGS or another Cashless mode.
For all funds acquired digitally, the earnings can be assumed at 6% of such funds supplied the fee is acquired in the course of the 12 months or earlier than the due date of submitting of Earnings Tax Return underneath Part 139(1).
This incentive was introduced in 2016 after the Demonetisation of Foreign money and is relevant from Monetary Yr 2016-17 onwards.
For all funds acquired in money, the assumed revenue proportion can be stay the identical i.e. 8%.
Applicability of Part 44AD
- Part 44AD applies to all companies besides the enterprise of plying, hiring or leasing items. Part 44AD gained’t apply in case of plying, hiring or leasing of products as these have already been coated underneath part 44AE.
- Part 44AD wont apply in case of Company Enterprise in addition to in case of a enterprise incomes earnings from Fee or Brokerage.
- As Part 44AD particularly mentions the phrase enterprise, due to this fact part can’t be utilized in case of pros.
- Part 44AD solely applies in case of People, Partnership & HUF supplied they’re Resident in India. NRI’s can not declare the good thing about this scheme. This scheme additionally doesn’t apply in case of Restricted Legal responsibility Partnerships as they’ve been particularly excluded from this part.
If the taxpayer opts for submitting his earnings tax return underneath this scheme, he can go for disclosing his earnings tax return at any proportion above 6%/8% because the case could also be. The assessee could select to not go for the scheme and will declare an earnings decrease than 6%/8% of the gross receipts. Nonetheless in such a case, the assessee shall must preserve and keep books of accounts and get his accounts audited by a chartered accountant.
Opting in or out of Part 44AD for Companies
Any one who is eligible to avail the good thing about Part 44AD as per the eligibility talked about above can at any time go for the scheme of Presumptive Taxation.
Section 44ad of income tax act Furthermore, an individual can even choose out of this at any time. Nonetheless, as per the most recent amended legal guidelines – if an individual opts out of the scheme of Presumptive Taxation of Part 44AD, then he can not avail the good thing about the scheme of Presumptive Taxation for the subsequent 5 years.
The identical has been summarised within the desk beneath
|Particulars||Presumptive Taxation underneath Part 44AD for Enterprise|
|AY 2017-18, 2018-19, AY 2019-20||Opts for Presumptive Taxation|
|AY 2020-21||Doesn’t go for Presumptive Taxation|
|AY 2021-22 to AY 2025-26||Can’t go for Presumptive Taxation|
In case an individual opts out of the provisions of Part 44AD – he would even be required to get his accounts audited underneath Part 44AB by a Chartered Accountant.
Different Related Factors relating to Part 44AD
- In case an assessee is carrying on greater than 1 enterprise, the full turnover of all the companies must be taken into consideration.
- Nonetheless, if the assessee is carrying on enterprise in addition to career, Part 44AD will be utilized on the earnings earned from enterprise. Computation of Earnings earned from Occupation can be computed as per the traditional provisions of the Earnings Tax Act.
- An assessee declaring his earnings as per presumptive taxation underneath part 44AD can even declare tax advantage of deductions underneath chapter VI-A
In case an assessee is making use of presumptive taxation underneath part 44AD, he ought to file his earnings tax return in ITR Type 4 – Sugam
Part 44ADA: Presumptive Taxation @ 50% for Professionals
The advantage of Presumptive Taxation which was earlier obtainable solely to specified companies has now been prolonged to Professionals. Professionals whose Whole Gross Receipts don’t exceed greater than Rs. 50 Lakhs in a monetary 12 months can declare advantage of this Part from Monetary Yr 2016-17 onwards. (Refer: Tax Implications if Skilled Receipts are greater than Rs. 50 Lakhs)
The Earnings of any particular person making use of this Part can be assumed to be 50% of the Whole Gross Receipts for the 12 months. The next are thought of as professionals who could make use of this Part:-
- Architectural Occupation
- Occupation of Accountancy
- Technical Consultancy
- Inside Ornament
This scheme is relevant solely to a resident assessee who’s an Particular person, HUF or Partnership however not a Restricted Legal responsibility Partnership agency.
Underneath this scheme, the assessee can be deemed to have been allowed the deductions underneath Part 30 to 38. No different deduction for bills can be allowed to the assessee and it will be deemed that he has already claimed the deductions for all bills.
The assessee would additionally NOT be required to:-
- Preserve books of accounts underneath sub-section (1) of Part 44AA, or
- Get the accounts audited underneath Part 44AB in respect of such earnings.
Nonetheless, in case the assessee claims that the earnings and good points are decrease than 50% – he can be required to organize Books of Accounts underneath Part 44AA, keep receipts of all bills and get his accounts audited by a Chartered Accountant.
Opting out and in of Part 44ADA
An individual can choose in and choose out of Part 44ADA at any time with none restriction. Not like Part 44AD for Enterprise, knowledgeable can choose in and choose out at any time with out the 5 12 months restriction. This has been defined within the beneath desk:-
|Particulars||Presumptive Taxation underneath Part 44ADA for Professionals|
|AY 2017-18||Opts for Presumptive Taxation|
|AY 2018-19||Doesn’t go for Presumptive Taxation|
|AY 2019-20||Can once more go for Presumptive Taxation. No Restriction|
Knowledgeable would solely be required to get his books audited if he discloses his earnings as lower than 50%. In case he opts out of Part 44ADA – on this case as nicely he wouldn’t be required to get his accounts audited.
e-Guide on Presumptive Taxation for Enterprise & Professionals
Part 44AD and Part 44ADA are essential sections with large sensible implications. Furthermore, there have been a number of latest modifications within the scheme of Presumptive Taxation.
For those who want to perceive How Companies & Professionals can take advantages of displaying Earnings underneath Presumptive Taxation underneath Part 44AD & Part 44ADA – you shall discuss with this e-book which explains intimately and in easy phrases with examples the next elements:
- Companies/ Professionals that are eligible/ not eligible to assert profit u/s 44AD, 44ADA
- Advantages of submitting ITR underneath this scheme of Presumptive Taxation
- Books of Accounts to be maintained
- Easy methods to file ITR on-line
- Powers of the Earnings Tax Officer to challenge Scrutiny Discover
- Examples and 10 Illustrations
- Newest Modifications